Friday 12 January 2007

Windy! Whisky! Wheels! Widing wound up!

Really gusty winds here today. I got blown sideways across the road on my way home from work, even though I'm certain I kept the bars straight; just blown sideways.

There's a quiter, drier patch forecast between 6 and 9 am tomorrow, according to MetCheck, so I'm going to try and get up early tomorrow and ride. I'll get my kit ready tonight and see what happens. But there's Belgian beer in the fridge and Ardbeg Still Young on the shelf...

The wheels for my Solitude frame arived on Wednesday. Surly hubs, laced to Mavic MA3 rims. I've decided to use the chainset I have on my Kona, since that'll mean I can get the bike built up a month or two earlier. I have a seatpost and saddle on my Inbred that I can use, so I'm getting there. I'll probably get a stem, BB and headset in February. That just leaves tyres, tubes, brakes, a sprocket, a chain and some bar tape to finish it.

Commuting mileage this week: 15 miles (Mon, Tues and Fri - in Manchester on Wed and Thurs).

(I just noticed that Mactually had its second birthday on Monday. First Post.)

1 comment: